If you are from IT, you happen to know Java or at least would have heard of it. Being in the industry for nearly twenty years now, most of the applications we use today are built on Java. No wonder why Java is the official language of Android. Given the above, it is obvious to have a huge user community and likewise a plethora of developers lacing up their future on Java technology.
You might also be one among them, right?
However, hiring someone in a pool of developers isn’t an easy task. You need to carefully scrutinize all the potential companies or developers to hire the best one.
But before we move onto the process of hiring a Java developer, we will shed light on the need and importance of a Java developer?
Reasons to Consider Java Developer
- The TIOBE index ranked Java as the most used language of 2018.
- More than 95% of Enterprises use Java as their main language.
- Java had a stream of APIs, embedded Interfaces and built-in libraries that ease the process of developing.
- The operating system of Google Android itself uses Java, so if you are deploying an app, Java is the best language to be used.
Considering the above, it would not be wrong to say that though Java is 20 years old, the technology is meant to stay and for long. Hence, basing your next project on Java would not be a bad deal.
Hire a Java Developer
- Enlist Your App Requirements
Before you start on with the process of hiring, draft all that your project requires. The first step towards hiring the team is to define your application, its objective, and the way by which the same could be met. Once you are clear on the requirements, you can better assess the technical capabilities of the candidate. Even when you are hiring a Java development company, knowing your project helps you see which company has had experience in similar projects and so you can hire the best one.
- See which category of development does your app fall
Now Java is one word, but the capabilities embedded within, this is vast. When we say a Java developer, we are referring to varied categories of the same. To be precise, there exist three major types of Java development. Each has its own requirement and so the expertise.
- For instance, Java web development mandates hiring someone who has extensive knowledge of full-stack development. Whether an individual or a team, Java development requires a sound knowledge of full-stack so as to build easy to use web solutions. Though there exist, potential full-stack developers, Java development companies rank a step higher in this domain. Since they have a team, the technology stack leverages.
- Custom Java Web Development is a bit more complicated and when you are about to build such a project, weight needs to be given on experienced companies.
- Java Product Development requires someone who has extensive knowledge of developing professional product based applications in Java.
So, analyze what kind of project you need to deploy and then proceed further with the hiring process. Segmenting your requirements help filter proposals and end up recruiting the most optimal one.
- Choose The Model
After you are done with drafting your project, its category, and technical requirements, it is now time to define the engagement model you would prefer for project developers or company.
Primarily, there are two engagement models used worldwide.
- Hire A Dedicated Team: Prefer this if your project requires frequent modifications and updates.
- Fixed Price Model: In case the project is for one time, go with this one.
- Interview The Candidates/Company
Now that the basics are covered, you now need to assess the ability and the quality of the team you are about to hire. Based on your project requirements and the desired model, choose the one that suits best with your project.
- Technology Stack
The first thing that you need to see in a developer or the development company is their technological stack. Where knowledge of frameworks and interfaces are desirable, possessing skills to work on JDBC, MVC, and RESTful, are a plus. Further, it is expected that the team has hands-on experience in deploying projects based on OOPS and OODS, algorithm and design, Spring MVC technologies, etc. It is seen that Java development companies have an extensive stack of technology as they work on multiple projects simultaneously with each having varied requirements.
- Tools Used
As said, Java has an extensive list of libraries, interfaces, class, and packages. Hence, it is beneficial to hire someone who holds expertise in Hibernate, Seam, Android Studio, and GradleMaps Store along with experience of Spring,
Corona SDK, Weld, and Caching Touch.
Map your project needs with the capabilities of the developer. However, a single developer cannot possess all and so hiring a development company is always beneficial.
- Experience Level
This is one of the crucial aspects when it comes to hiring a developer. Not all have the same skills, but one that has years of experience emerges out to be more practical and has the capability of giving a project a unique appearance. Experienced team of developers knows what to do and how to do. They not only leverage the functionality but also render feature-rich solutions.
- Past Projects
After testifying the skills and the knowledge set of the potential developers, never forget to have a look at the past experience. Scanning earlier projects are the best way to analyze the company’s success rate. If possible, you can also have a word with earlier clients to know the company’s performance. Assessing case studies give you a hint on how well the company can stand by your project expectations. Here again, Java web development companies emerge powerful as they have hands-on experience of working with big companies.
Where a standalone developer is capable of delivering effective projects, they are but restricted in knowledge and skills. A single developer cannot possess all of the needed skills and so in this scenario, a Java development company is the best alternative.
Having a team of software needs, with each excelling in a different segment, developing apps turn easier. Further, deploying a team of developers, eliminate the need to monitor the progress of your project. Once you hand over the task, they make sure that it is delivered within the decided deadline.
Combine each of the pieces above to finally hire the best from the rest.
So, choose wisely!
Want to discuss your project with our team? Visit Engineerbabu